Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Back to School Tips Part 3


Guess what day it is? Hump day! Yeah! I definitely put a note in my son's lunchbox today that said that! Hope it gives him (and you) a good laugh! Half way through the week today! Hope it has been a great one!

Today is my last post on Back to School Tips. I am going to give you 3 reminders today for Christians. I shared these at our last Chick Chat, but I think they are really good so I wanted to put them on our blog, too!

1. You are not alone.
As you walk into the doors of your school remember the words God gives us, "Never will I leave you never will I forsake you. So we say with confidence, The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid, What can mere mortals do to me?" Hebrews 13:5,6. Don't be afraid as you walk into school each day! God is with you ALL THE TIME! Enter your school with a holy, humble confidence that God goes with you!

2. "Do your best. Forget the rest."
You are the Lord's representative at your school. So do your best and forget the rest. Remember that the ultimate "teacher" you'll give an account to is Jesus so, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance form the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." Colossians 3:23,24. Why do your best to get the best grades possible? Because it is the Lord you are serving!

3. You have a mission to accomplish.
You are not just at school to go to school. As a Christian, you are at school to go on a mission trip. Every teen-filled table in the cafeteria is a mission field that needs to be reached with the good news of Christ. Jesus said, "Go and make disciples of all nations..." in Matthew 28:19. This cause, THE cause, applies to you as you seek to reach your friends and new people  you meet with the good news of Jesus. It applies as you seek to make more friends with the hope of introducing them to Jesus. Look around and seek out the lost. Don't stay in your little box! A mission field is not just some foreign country or city outside of Aiken, but right in your own schools!

I pray these tips have helped you with the new school year! I have been praying for you this week! Go tell others about Christ and invite them to church!

Loving Jesus together,
Morgan

"Go make disciples of all nations..." ~Matthew 28:19


No comments:

Post a Comment