Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Dig Deep


Happy New Year, girls! Boy have I been slack over the past month with this blog. I do apologize. Life was crazy in the month of December both at the church and with my family! But, I am excited about a New Year in the Student  Ministry!

Each year, Stephen likes to give a challenge, almost like a goal or resolution, for us throughout the year. In the past it's been the Top 12, give up something for 13 days, etc. However, I am very excited about his challenge for us this year.

Luke 6:48 says: "They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built."

When our foundation is rooted in Jesus Christ, our faith grows and we become where we can't be shaken.

In the student ministry this year, our goal is to help you dig deep in your walk with Christ. We want to give every opportunity for you to be learning and growing in your faith, so when you leave us after graduation, you will be prepared for whatever life throws at you and want to continue to serve the Lord. You will hear us talking about this throughout the whole year! Stephen gave each of you a Garden Shovel with this reminder on it. If you did not receive one, please let us know and we will get one to you.

Over the next year, I am also going to challenge myself to give as much help and resources that I can to encourage you to dig deep. The main reason for this blog is just that. We can preach and teach all day long, but if you are not learning how to spend one on one time with Christ each and every day, what good is it? I hope and pray that you will make the commitment to dig deep this year. It will be the hardest goal you will have, but one that will give you the greatest benefit and blessing! Will you accept the challenge this year?

Loving Jesus together,
Morgan

"I have treasured Your Word in my heart so that I may not sin against You." ~Psalm 119:11

No comments:

Post a Comment