Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Waiting Game



What is the longest amount of time you ever waited to get something? What was it? For me, I can think of a few. It seemed like I had to wait months for getting that acceptance letter to Clemson or waiting 11 months to say "I do" to the love of my life and even waiting nine long months twice for Cade and Campbell!

Think about how you feel when you're waiting for something you really want. What's your waiting style?
*I wait patiently for things.
*It's not my favorite thing ever, but it's ok.
*I hate waiting! I'm so impatient!

Read Genesis 15:1-6.
God had promised Abram that he would be the father of a great nation, and Abram and his wife were still childless years later. If it was me in this situation, my faith and patience would start to slide away  on waiting for so long. But God assured him once again. When God makes a promise, He keeps it-but He doesn't always let us in on the timing of His fulfillment. When we're waiting for God to act, we must actively choose to trust Him and His purposes. God doesn't work according to our time frame.

In what areas of your life have you been waiting for God to act for a long time? What steps will you take this week to entrust those areas to Him again? Express to God that you trust His timing in those areas!

Loving Jesus together,
Morgan

"Look up at the sky and count the stars-if indeed you can count them." Then he said to him, "So shall your offspring be." ~Genesis 15:5

1 comment:

  1. Great post today! Waiting is definitely a challenge for me!

    ReplyDelete